Diamond Escapement Files - 6pc Set
These are our premium quality diamond escapement files. Used by professional watchmakers, jewellers and model engineers.
Made from a hard metal blank that has been precision ground and then uniformly coated in diamond. Very hard-wearing for use on all hard metals, ceramics and precious stones.
Supplied as a 6 piece set in the following shapes:
- Round - 140mm x 40mm working length
- Crossing - 140mm x 40mm working length
- Square - 140mm x 40mm working length
- Three Square - 140mm x 40mm working length
- Barrette - 140mm x 40mm working length
- Flat - 140mm x 40mm working length
Diamond grit is a D30 (Fine) or the equivalent of 600 grit.
These are not made in China so please be aware of cheap imitation files.
Our diamond needle files can be used either wet or dry, they will last longer when used wet but it is understood that this isn't always practical when working on a delicate watch or clock part. As with all our products allow the tool to do the work and do not apply too much pressure especially if working on a corner or sharp edge.
The many uses for our diamond files:
- Use the tip for detailed areas such as ring shanks
- Removing excess solder
- Shaping precious stones for jewellery
- Sharpening carbide cutting tools
- Enlarging holes
- Fitting clock and watch glasses
- Refacing clock & pallets
- Re-pivoting clock and watches
- Beveling cut crystal glasses
- Sharpening household objects
- Cross graining burnishing tools
- Sharpening fishing hooks