Surgical Black Arkansas Sharpening Stone - 6 x 2 inch
The Surgical Black All Natural Arkansas Sharpening Stone is one of the finest grades of abrasives available today.
An extremely hard, dense material, this natural stone is known for developing an extremely smooth edge and developing a deep, rich sheen to your blade or tool.
This stone is commonly used for industrial applications like sharpening dental instruments and gold testing where an extremely fine polish is required. All bench stones come with a custom wooden box for storage.
- 6 inch x 2 inch x 1/2 inch (150 x 50 x 12.5mm)
For best results use with our honing oil.
How to Use our Natural Arkansas Sharpening Stone:
1. Apply a small amount of honing oil on the stone.
2. Position your blade or tool across the stone's flat surface
20-22 degree for a hunting or kitchen knife for instance
10-15 degree for a straight razor
Helpful note: Always try to maintain a consisten angle
3. Draw and push the blade as though you are slicing a thin slice off a stone
4. Use the same number of stroke on both sides (exceptions: Razors, single bevel and Japanese knives)
3-10 strokes per side
Questions & Answers
Ask a question using the form below
Other questions and our answers
Not a question. A review. Received the stone and used it to put an edge on some carbon steel gravers. the quality of the polish it left was excellent. looking for more items to sharpen now.
Thanks for taking the time to review these Andy, that's great to hear.