Dremel 3000 Rotary Drill Tool Kit with 15 Accessories
A sturdy, versatile and reliable tool, with a quality to match. The Dremel 3000 Rotary Drill comes with 15 accessories each intended for a variety of uses from polishing, cutting, grinding, engraving and sanding. Its EZ Twist Nose Cap allows you to change accessories with ease.
The Dremel 3000 is lightweight with a good grip and solid construction.
- Variable Speed: 10,000-33,000rpm
- EZ Twist Nose Cap
- Soft Grip for reduced vibration and comfort
- 15 Dremel Accessories
- Soft Pouch Carry Case
Helpful note: If you're using the Dremel 3000 in combination with our polishers, grinders, glass engraving kits, burrs, mandrels or small diamond drill bits you may need a Dremel Multi Chuck as well. This is an adjustable chuck which will enable you to hold many different size shanks.
3-pin plug - for UK use only!
To find out more about how you can use your Dremel 3000 please read on...
How To Use Your Dremel 3000
This Dremel 3000 is an essential piece of kit for a hobbyist and great for use on all your jewellery making projects, crafts and jobs around the house as well as for these more specific jobs:
- Drilling through glass such as Sea Glass, fused glass, and glass around the home (de-misting glazed windows)
- Glass Engraving using the drilling technique
- Drilling, carving and grinding through stones, beach pebbles, rocks and gemstones.
- Drilling through ceramic tiles, porcelain and vintage china to make cake stands
- Drilling through pottery for plant hangers and bird tables
- Cutting and drilling through glass bottles with the help of a diamond slitting disc and diamond core drill
- Polishing all materials such as metals, glass, stone, ceramic
- Smoothing, sanding and grinding all materials such as metals, glass, stone, ceramic, shell, enamel, composites, wood
- Carving gemstones, beach pebbles, glass, stone, wood, ceramic...
- Grinding all materials such as sharp bits of pottery glaze, cabochons, ceramics
- Sanding for hobby-related jobs
- Cutting and drilling through all materials
- Etch and engrave letters into stone and shell for decorative gifts and jewellery
- DIY jobs around the home such as sanding, cutting and drilling, routing
- Wood carving, bone carving, shell carving, gourd carving
- Model making
The Dremel Multi Chuck is by far the easier of the two to use as you don't have to keep changing collets, but the Collet Nut Kit is preferable for some people who find they use only one size of drill bit (1mm for example). Luckily, we supply both! Both the chuck and collets fit easily into a Dremel Drill and will allow very tiny drill bits with small shank sizes such as 0.75mm upwards to be used.
Additional Features of the Dremel 3000
The cord is 2 metres in length with a British 3-pin plug. Because of the length of the cord, it stays out of the way as you work and unlike cordless drills, won't run out of batteries! Other features to look out for are:
- Low noise
- 130 watts motor, 240 volts
- Minimal Vibration
- Pencil Grip tool hold for tasks such as engraving and etching
- Hanger Bail
- Dremel 3000-15 Multi Tool
- Wattage: 130 Watts
- Voltage: 230 Volts
- Length: 19cm
- Width: 5cm
- Depth 4.5cm
- Weight of Drill: 0.55kg
- Total Weight of Boxed Goods: 1.1kg
- No Batteries required
- British 3-pin plug
- Speed: 10,000 - 33,000rpm
- Cord Length: 2m
Questions & Answers
Ask a question using the form below
Other questions and our answers
I am looking to purchase the Dremel 3000 Rotary Drill. I notcied that in the description it says 3 pin plug - for UK use only. I live in the US. If I use a converter will this still work?
This Dremel 3000 will work if you use an adaptor. However, the voltage on this is for the UK: 230v. U.S voltage is 120V so it is not compatible.
I want to order diamond bits to drill 1mm holes in 500um thick borosilicate glass wafer. Could you please tell me if 0.75mm diameter drill bit would be perfect for that or not. Also, what other items I would need to drill hole along with drilling machine. Besides, could you suggest me which drilling machine would be sufficient for this job.
Good to hear from you. We recommend using a Dremel 3000 drill with a Dremel Multi Chuck and use either the small diamond drill bits or the small diamond core drills. If you are new to drilling holes in glass we recommend trying the core drills first. The size of the core drill indicates the size of the hole you will achieve, so if you need a 1mm hole, you will need to purchase the 1mm diamond core drills. All the best with the project.