Large Diamond Disc Burrs
Available in diameter sizes: 4mm - 20mm
These Large Diamond Coated Disc Burrs are perfect for engraving, carving and sculpting in stone, glass, ceramic, porcelain and hard wood. Find out more about how to use these disc burrs and the product details below...
Shank sizes differ between sizes:
- 4mm, 5mm & 6mm Diameter - 2.35mm shank (3/32")
- 7mm-20mm Diameter - 3mm shank (1/8")
Always wear sufficient safety goggles and a face mask and be careful not to exceed a drill speed of 12,000rpm and use with very little to no pressure.
- For carving, engraving, shaping and texturing
- For use on all hard materials such as glass, stone, hard wood, ceramics
- Slow drill speed, not exceeding 12,000rpm
- Use with a constant drip or flow of water
- Use in a hand held drill, hobby drill, pendant motor, micro motor, drill press.
Helpful Note: These discs are not ideal for top faceting. For faceting please take a look at our Diamond Nail Head Burrs
Diamond grit is precisely electroplated onto a steel shank
Diameter: 4mm, 5mm & 6mm
- Overall length: 40mm/40mm/45mm
- Shank: 2.35mm
Diameter: 7mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm & 20mm
- Overall length: 42mm
- Shank: 3mm
Questions & Answers
Ask a question using the form below
Other questions and our answers
I am in egg crafts/ art and engraver (ostrich, emu and goose) in Melbourne Australia and have used what appear to be similar tools which were purchased from an another egg enthusiast I am looking into a supplier.
Are these diamond burrs Able to carve and cut eggs?
Are these burrs very sharp?
Please advise if suitable and I will put an order through.
The diamond discs would be more suitable for carving channels or lines into the egg shell. If you need to cut the shell then use the Diamond Slitting Discs in a Screw mandrel. These are designed for cutting and are very precise and sharp.
For carving use any diamond burr, the small diamond ball burrs being our most popular.