Eveflex Twist Radial Polishing Discs (Pack of 2)
These unique flexible, bristle polishing discs by EVE allow you to polish and clean difficult to reach, intricate and detailed areas on all metals such as small jewellery parts, engineering threads and bores. Great for use by jewellers, silversmiths, precision engineers and craftspeople, and the coarser grades for wood carvers.
Choose from the following grits:
- Blue, Extra Coarse (Pack of 2) approx. 100 grit - Heavy cleaning
- Dark Grey, Coarse (Pack of 2) approx. 220 grit - Oxide and fire-scale removal, texturing
- Brown, Medium (Pack of 2) approx. 360 grit - Light oxide removal, pre-polish and texturing
- Green, Fine (Pack of 2) approx. approx. 1200 grit - Semi-finish and blending
- Beige, Ultra Fine (Pack of 2) approx. 1-2µm (micron) - Finish and blending
- Set of 10 (2 of each grade)
For a final high lustre, mirror finish polish use the EVE Pumice Twist radial Polishing Discs (also ideal for set stone work)
***Mandrel not included***
Stack in pairs on a screw mandrel and use in your rotary tool, pendant drill, flexible shaft or micro motor. Unlike natural bristle brushes there is no need to add compound, so no mess, and no chemicals! Use at a recommended speed of about 8,000-12,000RPM. Do not exceed 15,000RPM. 17mm diameter.
Read on for further information...
Why We Like them...
Unlike other radial polishing discs you only need a minimum of two discs on your mandrel and you can stack them anyway you like without having to make sure the bristles face a certain way.
The radial discs are best used in pairs. Each disc is flat on one side allowing you to put two flat sides together to create a knife edge, great for getting into tight areas. Alternatively, stack one on top of the other to create a brush. The innovative disc shape and stacked application creates a high luster polish while preserving the original surface structure.
Helpful note. If you rotate one of the discs by six degrees the bristles will interlock between each of them creating a continuous surface so you get a nice smoother finish and more abrasion. If you line them up together, creating gaps in between, this helps for particle removal.
Use Diatwist Radial Polishing Discs for use on Platinum, Titanium and Ceramics
Use Pumice Twist Radial Polishing Discs for use on Gold and Silver and jewellery with set stones.
- Use in pairs on a mandrel
- Stack them in any direction
- Cleaning, Deburring, Pre-polishing, Texturing, Defuzzing in Woodcarving
- Removes Fire stain and discolouration
- No compounds necessary
- Dust free
- Perfect for hard to reach and detailed areas of work
- For use on all metals, wood, ceramic and plastics
- Flexible Bristles
- Use with light pressure
- Brand: EVEFLEX TWIST
- Diameter: 17mm
- Thickness: 1.2mm