3M Radial Bristle Polishing Discs (Pack of 3)
Choose from the following grits, 80 # being the coarsest, 600 Pumice, the finest. 3 in a pack.
- Yellow, 80 grit, 19mm in diameter
- White, 120 grit, 14mm in diameter
- Red, 220 grit, 19mm in diameter
- Blue, 400 grit, 19mm in diameter
- Pink Pumice, 600 grit, 19mm in diameter
These long lasting Scotch-Brite 3M Radial Discs with flexible bristles allow you to polish and clean difficult to reach, intricate and detailed areas such as small jewellery parts, engineering threads and bores and ideal for defuzzing and sanding in wood carving. No compound is required. Great for use by jewellers, silversmiths, precision engineers and craftspeople for use on all metals, wood, ceramics and plastics.
Stack 3 at a time on your Screw Mandrel. Do not mix the grits. (Can stack up to 6 on a mandrel)
Use at approximately 15,000RPM on your hand drill and exceed no more than 35,000 RPM
To use correctly, be sure when looking at the top of the mandrel, the bristles all turn to the right, (there is a 3M printed on the back of each disc, this should be facing towards the shaft of the mandrel)
For a pre-polish to polish, work your way through the grades, beginning with the coarsest to the finest (80, 120, 220, 400 and finally 600 grit being the finest)
Unlike natural bristle brushes there is no need to add compound, so no mess, and no chemicals!
Use for pre-polishing, deburring and texturing for jewellery work, defuzzing and sanding in wood carving in all the awkward areas of your work.
- Cleaning, Deburring, Pre-polishing, Texturing, Defuzzing in Woodcarving
- Removes Fire stain and discolouration
- No compounds necessary
- Long lasting Cubitron Mineral Blend
- Dust free
- Perfect for hard to reach and detailed areas of work
- For use on all metals, wood, ceramic and plastics
- Flexible Bristles
- Use with light pressure
|Fire-scale removal||80, 120|
|Light oxide removal||120, 220, 400|
|Pre-polishing||220, 400, pumice|
|Blending||220, 400, pumice|
|Texturing||80, 120, 220|
- Brand: 3M Scotch-Brite
- Diameter: 19mm, except White, 120 grit: 14mm
- Depth: 1mm
- Hole diameter: approx 1.5mm